Excursion «Bethlehem and Russian Jerusalem»
This tour provides a look at places associated with the birth and history of Christianity.
The Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem is one of the oldest continuously operating churches in the world. It was built over the cave where, according to legend, was the birthplace of Jesus of Nazareth. For Christians worldwide the Church of the Nativity is one of the most important shrines. The most holy places in the temple is the miraculous icon of the Good Lady, the 14 Pointed Star, the "nursery", in which lay the baby Jesus and the "altar of the Magi".
There is Gorny monastery In Jerusalem, which habits one of the most picturesque places in the south of modern Jerusalem - Ein Karem (from Arabic - The spring of the vineyard). Tradition connects this place with Elizabeth's the righteous visit to her cousin, the Virgin Mary.
The Church of St. Mary Magdalene in Gethsemane. This five-domed church with golden domes is one of the most beautiful temples in Jerusalem. The church was built in the 18th century by Emperor Alexander III in memory of his mother, the Russian Orthodox Empress Maria Alexandrovna, a German by birth. lt was consecrated in honor of its patron saint St. Mary Magdalene, disciple and faithful follower of Jesus.
*Note: A foreign passport is mandatory on this tour because of visiting Bethlehem (Palestinian autonimy).
*Note: Modest clothing is required for men and women.
Cancellation policy: cancellation less than 2 days before departure – 100% payment of entire booking, change less than 2 days before departure – 50% additional payment of entire booking.
- Tourists should arrive at the landing site 10 minutes before the scheduled departure time.
- Those who are late or failed to arrive for a tour will not be refunded.
- The company is not responsible for lost items.
- It is tourist’s responsibility for an individual insurance policy.
- Tourists may have to wait 30 minutes for a bus.
- Minor route changes are possible.
- The company reserves the right to change the time of departure for a tour, notifying the tourist of this a day before.
- No indication of seats in the bus. Boarding and deboarding is carried out only in designated places.
- Visiting holy places is allowed only in modest clothes (shoulders and knees should be covered).
- Attention! Entry into the territory of Bethlehem (Palestinian Authority) is prohibited to Israeli citizens. NO Israeli passport required.
- Physical load: 5/5
We recommend: to take drinking water, hat, sunscreen, comfortable shoes.
The following is not included in the trip cost and should be paid on-site: food.