In the north of Israel, there is a mountain plateau - the Golan Heights on the very border. There is Gamla, whose ancient history today attracts tourists from all over the world. On the territory of the Banias Nature Reserve, which is also located here, two streams flow. When combined, they form a triangle on which a hill strikingly resembles a camel's hump. The city of Gamla got its name from the word "gamal", which in Hebrew means "camel".
It is worth going there to see the largest Israeli waterfall with a height of 53 m. It is best to look at it by going up to the observation deck. On the territory of the reserve, archaeologists have found the oldest synagogue known today. There are also 40 pairs of eagles living in the mountains, which are very proud of here. These are the largest avian predators among all those living in Israel. There is no longer such a large population in the country.
These places were glorified by another object - Givat Bazak, the largest Israeli space, along which dolmens are scattered. They are structures made of giant boulders that look like tables, around which smaller stones are stacked. There is a version that these were burials. But what purpose they actually served is unknown. About 700 dolmens were found in the vicinity of Gamla.
It is also worth visiting for the breathtaking scenery and history of Gamla. She has survived the most admirable defenses.
Theme tour on September 11th!
Departure days depend on your departure city
Conditions for order cancellation:
If a tourist cancels an excursion in less than 2 days, the penalty is 100%, if rescheduled - 50%, unless travel insurance has not been purchased.
- Tourists should arrive at the boarding point 10 minutes before the scheduled departure time.
- People who are late and do not go on the excursion will not receive a refund.
- Requests for excursions for children under 5 years old are not accepted.
- The company is not responsible for lost items.
- Responsibility for having an individual insurance policy falls on the tourist.
- Tourists may wait up to 30 minutes for the bus.
- Minor changes to the route are possible.
- The company reserves the right to change the departure time for the excursion, which is communicated to the tourist the day before.
- No indication of seats on the bus.
- Boarding and disembarking is carried out only at designated places.
- Physical activity level: 5/5
We recommend:drinking water, hat.
The cost of trips does not include and is paid on the spot:meals.
These places are considered one of the most interesting from a tourist point of view in Israel. At any time of the year there is something to see and what to do. In winter, Mount Hermon turns into an excellent ski resort. In spring and summer, the whole nature of the Golan Heights comes to life, amazing flowers bloom. At this time, it is worth visiting nature reserves with waterfalls and streams. And in the fall horseback riding is especially popular. In the Golan Heights, in addition to the beauty of nature, there are many historical sights, national parks, reserves and monuments. Visiting these places will be interesting for both children and adults.
In 2003, the area of the ancient city of Gamla was included in a large nature reserve of the same name and opened to tourists. In addition to the ancient city, the reserve's territory features an eagle observation station, the highest waterfall in Israel, ruins of a Byzantine settlement, and numerous Neolithic dolmens.
- - Hotel 1 ($)
- - Hotel 2 ($)
- - Rally point (₪)
- - Rally point 2 (₪)